- Written by gearbots
- Published: 27 Nov 2011
Looking for an innovative program to inspire your child in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics)?
We offer Makerspace programs for children aged nine years and older in the Fraser Valley. In our Makerspace, your child will receive hands-on experience in robotics, computer coding, electronic circuits and 3D printer fabrication, all within a fun, safe environment. Our Jr. program consists of two STEPS. Students progress at their own pace.
Prerequisite: Students are required and expected to be able to work cooperatively with others, follow directions, work on-task, function within the lab / team setting, and be respectful of both the equipment and others. This program is NOT advisable for students with behavioural or social needs. Space is limited, so reserve your spot today. Maximum 10 students per course.
To find out more or to reserve your child's place, contact INFO@GEARBOTS.ORG or call 604.308.2241
Targeted Students: Academically motivated students (ages 9-15+) within the Fraser Valley - Abbotsford and Chilliwack area.
COVID-19 presents a number of challenges for our regular programming options. We have adjusted our delivery model and believe we can continue to offer a quality Makerspace program for all of our participants.
All participants will be required to follow COVID protocols for both our Abbotsford and Chilliwack locations.
Download our Participant Registration form, Waiver and Media Consent Forms. Please bring the completed forms to the first class. Not needed if you are taking one of our virtual courses
Our Covid plan is as follows:
1. Smaller cohort classes - Max 10
2. One to one for tech/equipment
3. Social distancing whenever possible in the lab - assigned equipment and a seating plan for contact tracing if needed
4. Wearing masks at all times
5. Hand sanitize at the start of the class and as needed during
6. We will be asking participants not to eat in the lab - have a snack prior to the class starting. Water bottles will be fine.
7. Digital “Covid Health Check” form to be completed prior to every class - cannot attend session if there are any symptoms
While at this time we cannot require this, we strongly encourage all participants 12+ to be double vaccinated.