- Written by gearbots
- Published: 03 Feb 2019
Successful completion of one or more of our Jr. Makerspace STEP 2 option or one or more of our Spring Break or Summer Camps. Invited by one of our instructors and has demonstrated the skills necessary for success in this program. Must have an appreciation for physics/math (computational thinking).
Ages 12+ by invitation only
- Candidate must demonstrate a readiness and a willingness to accept this challenge. We will identify and communicate with parents directly when we feel the student has demonstrated a readiness for the next level. Students could be eligible for one or both our academy options.
- Soft skills required: aptitude, self-regulation, maturity, focus, teamwork skills, communication, collaboration, critical thinking, creativity, personal drive/interest, being reliant, attention to detail, following instructions, independent learning, core technical skills
- STEM Education = Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
Developing intermediate to advanced skills in coding, engineering design, modern fabrication, and electronics
Locations and dates:
Covid protocols must be followed for all our in-person classes at UFV.
At UFV Trades and Technology campus in Chilliwack
- Wednesday: Rocket Science: Kerbal Space Program [Virtual via Zoom] from 4pm-6pm
- Thursdays: Aerospace Design cohort class from 4:30pm-6:30pm
- Thursdays: AI/Machine Learning cohort class from 4:30pm-6:30pm
Virtual / direct instruction/lecture format with lab time to work on long-term projects
- Projects will have the opportunity to develop over a number of years and/or take more than 14 weeks to complete
For our virtual program option, each participant must have a laptop/desktop at home, access to a Zoom account, a personal Gmail account for our google classroom. Other technical requirements as determined by the instructor.
Registration for this program will be done through a special link emailed directly to the participant’s parents/guardians for payment.